Designed in collaboration with Berklee College of Music professor and YouTube guitar instructor Tomo Fujita, the Ibanez AZES31-IV AZES Electric Guitar is prepared to set a new standard for entry-level instruments by offering stage-ready playability, electronic bells and whistles, and an attractive price.
It all starts with a poplar body, which is paired with the trademark snap and sustain of a maple neck and silky-smooth playability of jatoba for the fingerboard. Beginners are guaranteed to benefit from enlisting these hard-hitting tonewoods, leading to less time sparring with the instrument to get it feeling just right and more time practicing beloved riffs. Gigging guitarists are blown away by the quality of the AZES's onboard electronics, with an SSS pickup combination for nailing the spank and twang of single coils alongside Ibanez's dyna-MIX8 switching system for unleashing more sonic possibilities.
Explore a vast sonic world with high-powered electronics
Many entry-level instruments come with just enough features to get you started on your musical journey. When constructing the AZES, Ibanez decided to forgo this bare-minimum mindset by including three incredible single-coil pickups. This configuration delivers the trademark crispness and chime of vintage single coils, with a traditional 5-way blade for switching between each pickup as well as accessing those coveted second and fourth positions. Not only can you channel the sound of one of rock music's most beloved axes, but the AZES comes stock with Ibanez's dyna-MIX8 switching system onboard. With this high-powered switching system, up to eight different sound variations are at your disposal with the flick of a mini switch, a fantastic option for budding guitarists looking to find their sound as well as seasoned performers seeking to expand their tonal palette.
- Poplar body delivers a well-balanced tone with incredible thickness
- Maple neck provides stability and bright tonal character
- Jatoba fretboard has an appealing reddish brown color and produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end
- Essentials pickups provide well-balanced tone and as well as versatility
- Dyna-MIX 8 offers eight sound variations and can switch between humbucker and single coil modes with just a flick of the mini switch, providing additional tonal versatility
- Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: AZES Standard
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Ivory
- Neck type: AZES Maple neck
- Top/back/body: Poplar body
- Radius: 10"
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard / White dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets
- Number of frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge: F106 bridge w/ Comfort round Steel saddles
- String space: 10.5mm
- Neck pickup: Essentials (S) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- Middle pickup: Essentials (S) middle pickup Passive/Ceramic
- Bridge pickup: Essentials (S) bridge pickup Passive/Ceramic
- Hardware color: Chrome
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching: 1 x Alter Switch, 5-way blade pickup switch
With its impressive woods and electronics, the Ibanez AZES is an unprecedented beginner-grade instrument.